Sunday, October 23, 2011

Explore MLA style

I am a senior in University, so nowadays I have to begin my final research paper. I heard about MLA writing style one month ago, but only know a little about it. Since it is a homework to do some research, I choose to focus on MLA.
MLA is shor for Modern Language Association which is for scholars of language and literature. MLA writing style is designed for concise work sited in the reference. An alphabetical list of works cited is required according to  the principle. Of course, there are many others complicated rules to follow. If I need more information, I should buy a book called MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. Fortunately, I found this book in the UCR library. This is an important information for me to start my final research paper.


I used google, wikipedia and yahoo to research "MLA."

4 comments:

  1. Here is a good site on "MLA"
    http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
    Let me know if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It is a useful site, and there are general rules for MLA. I can learn a lot in this site before reading the MLA handbook.
    Thanks again!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kool! one of my English professor gave me this links way back..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you'll do good on your final research paper!

    ReplyDelete